Monday, March 30, 2009

Garden Treasures

We've survived yet another weekend that has been chock full of excitement. After having a week of coverage trying to get my module lined out to start up, we were all pretty exhausted. Since the safety system for our new machine was not operational as of Friday, our manager told us to go home at noon on Friday. You don't have to tell me to go home early twice. At 12:30 I was headed home to get my cleaning and laundry done a day early. Ideal. I think I got the grocery shopping done. I'm not sure when it happened, I just know it got done.

Friday night we signed up to do sealings with our ward at the Ogden Temple. It was the first time I had been to the Ogden Temple. For not being an attractive temple on the outside, I was a bit worried about the inside. I shouldn't have been, it was wonderful. It was fun to spend some time with a few of the older couples in our ward too. They're pretty spunky. The sealer was great too. He took every moment he could to teach us something about the ordinance. After the temple we went to the delicious Thai place down the street. It had been awhile since I had eaten some curry. Fantastic!

Saturday morning started off with tutoring as usual then it was home to brainstorm ideas for the personal progress activity I'm in charge of this week. When I got home I found a very happy puppy playing in the pile of stuff Shad had found in the garden area.

To give Shad a break I took Dublin on a walk in hopes of tiring him out before I headed off to the General Young Women's Meeting. The meeting was good. Hardly any girls showed up. They didn't get a very good reminder from the presidency so I can understand that. The meeting was good - everyone talked on virtue which was awesome. I left the meeting with the perfect plan for our personal progress activity. Now we will see if the girls show up.

When I returned home, Shad and I went to dinner then we went down to the basement to dance for awhile. We hadn't been dancing in a very long time and since it's too far to drive to the MAC, we figured the cement floor in the basement would do. To spruce it up, Shad went and got balloons. After we finished, we thought it would be fun to see what Dublin would do with them. I think it's safe to say he likes balloons. He's so cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment