Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!

Since I am the Mommy to an adorable puppy now, this was my first Mother's Day. Too bad I spent it sleeping after a night of backshift. Tonight is my last night for at least a few weeks and I'm very excited for that. Maybe I'll even get to go home early.

When I work up this afternoon (I slept until 4:30 - new backshift record!), my sweet puppy gave me my present. I made it to the top of the stairs before he ran over with a very nice wildflower in his mouth and a card tucked in his collar. Shad told me he picked the flower for me on their walk that day and the card included a paint puppy print as the signature. Well, I was told it was a puppy paw print, I couldn't really tell. Apparently the practice went much better. I'm a bit skeptical about him personally picking the flower for me. He did bring me home a pinecone last week from a walk - I had asked him to bring me one a while ago. I was expecting one of those. Much more his style than a flower. He didn't really want to give me the flower - he was intent on eating it but it was the thought that counts.

Shad and I have decided he was a goat in his former life. We've been debating between goat and cow for awhile now due to the amount of grass he chooses to eat when he's in the back yard. We finally decided on goat for two reasons. 1) He stares very intently at the goats when we walk past them on our walks. I used to think it was because of the square pupils - I guess I was wrong about that. 2) He eats other "non-food" items (paper, drip system tubing, monkey tails, random plastic - you get the point) other than grass which I think rules cow out as his past identity.

Shad also made me a delicious breakfast of waffles this morning. He had wanted to serve me breakfast in bed, but he didn't want to wake me up so he waited until I was up. Sadly after that, it was off to work again. At least this week will be a short week thanks to our boating trip turned great basin trip turned Moab trip. I'm sure I will have lots of pictures to share when we get back. I wish Dublin could come with us, he would love it. Instead, he gets to stay at Grandma and Grandpa's which I'm sure he'll love almost as much. It's funny he's still so little but he gets excited when he realizes where we're going when we go visit them. I thought it would take him awhile for him to realize Grandma and Grandpa's house means spoiling. I understimated him.

No comments:

Post a Comment