Monday, June 28, 2010

Arts Festival

This last week was another crazy week for us. I thought that it finally being summer meant other things would slow down. I guess not.

Monday was just a bit crazy for me – I had a training to teach at work so I worked 14hours on Monday. Not fun.

Tuesday, Shad’s little brother Seth met us for dinner after work. He just barely started a new job up in Ogden so we wanted to celebrate with him. Plus I hadn’t see him since Christmas so I was excited to catch up on what was going on in his life.

Wednesday I went down to SLC to get my beloved iphone looked at. I may have accidentally dropped it in the fire at girls camp. It actually is working just fine, there’s just a bunch of white spots that have started appearing since it almost died in a fire. Because I was smart when I got the phone, I paid the extra $60 for the apple care. I already knew I’m a little irresponsible with ipods (I think the one I have now is my 4th – yikes!) so getting a protection plan for a phone I will be using way more than an ipod just made sense.

Thursday was my last company softball game. Or it was supposed to be except I guess we have to make up the games that got cancelled due to rain. I even caught the ball this game which is way more athleticism than I ever show so props to me.

Friday night Jake and I got to play the Utah Arts Festival. I don’t think I can express how excited we were for the opportunity. We’ve tried out to play the Arts Festival for the past 3 years and this is the first time we got in. Now add to that getting a pretty awesome time at a really good stage and we couldn’t have been more pleased. The show went really well for us despite me forgetting my guitar strap, having no monitors and no one being able to hear Jake’s guitar. Here’s a picture of us (okay really you can just see me) talking to our friend Porcia (the person who was responsible for us making it into the festival) before we started playing.

Saturday afternoon Jake and I also got to play for about an hour at my work’s 25th anniversary party. It was a lot of fun and much less pressure which is always nice. Plus we could actually hear ourselves in the monitors which is always nice. Shad didn’t get to go to this show because he had a wedding down in SLC that he had to go to.


  1. Souds like a busy week! Sorry I didn't make the UAF, stupid working every Friday night! Love you!

  2. I was so bummed that I could not see you guys play!! I was still at work. I am glad the show went well, and maybe I can see you there next year!